Why come on this course?
This course will provide you with skills that will help you manage some of the advanced tasks available in Windows Vista. In this course, you will familiarise yourself with advanced customisation techniques and work with applications and programs in Windows Vista. In addition to this, you will also work with Internet Explorer 7.0, manage network communications and data, and enhance system performance.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for any knowledgeable worker or business professional with entry-level Windows Vista skills who needs to use more advanced Windows Vista networking, customisation, and file-management features in the business environment. You should first attend the Windows Vista Introduction or have equivalent knowledge.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Customise the Windows Vista environment.
- Work with Windows Vista applications.
- Work with Internet Explorer 7.0.
- Manage network communication and sharing.
- Back up and restore files and folders.
- Enhance system performance using technologies available in Windows Vista.
Customising the Windows Vista Environment
- Apply a Theme or Colour Scheme
- Implement Windows Aero
- Modify the Display Settings
- Modify Device Settings
Working with Windows Vista Applications
- Manage Contact Information Using Windows Contacts
- Manage Appointments and Tasks Using Windows Calendar
- Schedule Applications
- Use the Snipping Tool to Capture Screens
- Manage Pictures Using Windows Photo Gallery
Working with Internet Explorer 7.0
- Manage Web Pages Using Internet Explorer 7.0
- Manage RSS Feeds
- Search the Web
- Configure the Basic Internet Explorer Privacy Settings
Managing Network Communications and Sharing
- An Overview of Networks
- Access Network Resources
- Share Files and Folders
- Access Offline Files
- Synchronise Data Using Sync Centre
- Collaborate Using Windows Meeting Space
Backing Up and Restoring Data
- Back Up Your Data
- Restore Data
Enhancing System Performance
- View System Information
- Optimise Power Consumption
- Improve the System Performance with ReadyBoost