Why come on this course?
Every new Windows version includes features and enhancements to overcome the limitations and drawbacks of its predecessors. Microsoft Windows Vista is the latest release in the Microsoft Windows operating system family. In this course, you will use the new features in Windows Vista to improve your workflow efficiency and business productivity.
Course Objective: You will use the new features in Microsoft Windows Vista to streamline your work and maximise productivity.
Who is it for?
The course is intended for computer users who are familiar with the earlier versions of the Microsoft Windows operating system and now have Windows Vista installed on their computer. You should be familiar with working in Windows and understand the concepts and components of a network.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Examine the various changes and new interface components of the Windows Vista environment.
- Use new Windows Vista functions to search for folders and files.
- Work with the new organisational and productivity tools and applications provided in Windows Vista
- Share data and collaborate with other users using the networking and sharing options of Windows Vista
- Enhance system performance by using several features provided by Vista.
- Enhance your system security against online threats and unauthorised access.
Exploring Windows Vista
- Get Started with Windows Vista
- The Windows Vista User Interface
- Examine New Features in Windows Explorer
- Configure the Sidebar
- Implement Windows Aero
Searching for Folders and Files
- Search to Locate Folders and Files in Windows Explorer
- Search for Files Using the Advanced Search Options
Working with New Tools and Applications in Windows Vista
- Manage Calendars and Tasks
- Use Internet Explorer 7 to Access the Web
- Manage Pictures
Networking to Share and Collaborate
- Use the Network And Sharing Center to Share Content
- Synchronise Data with Sync Center
- Collaborate Online with Windows Meeting Space
- Modify the Mobile PC Settings
Enhancing Performance in Windows Vista
- Optimise Power Consumption
- Improve Computer Performance
Enhancing System Security
- Protect the System from Online Threats
- Implement Windows Vista Security Features
- Backup and Restore Files and Folders