Why come on this course?
This is the second of a two part series of courses examining the data tools and features found in Microsoft Excel 2016 Professional and Pro Plus*.
The course is designed to examine a combination of new and revised features which are available to help you work with data in Microsoft Excel 2016. Technologies covered include PivotTables, Power Query, PowerPivot and Power Map.
*Some of the tools and features are only available in Microsoft Excel 2016 and include add-ins. This course is not suitable for anyone using Microsoft Excel Standard, Home or Student Editions.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for anyone who needs to work with Excel in order to connect to, process, analyse and display data in order to produce suitable output at all levels within an organisation.
- Not suitable for new Excel users.
- Attend the Data Analysis and Power Tools Part 1 course or have equivalent knowledge
- Have experience of importing data and working with the Data Model and Relationships
- Be able to create formulas using standard aggregate functions
What will I learn?
- Create PivotTables and analyse data
- Connect to and shape external data using Power Query
- Use PowerPivot for data connection and analysis
- Use Power Map to create visualisations of geo-data
Create and Work with PivotTables
- PivotTables Overview
- Creating PivotTables from Tables and Single Data Sources
- Working with PivotTables to Create Views and Analysis
- Dynamic Filters with Slicers and Timelines
- Use the Data Model to Create PivotTables from Relational and External Sources
- Create and Use Calculated Items, Fields and Sets
Introduction to Power Query for Excel
- What is Power Query?
- Power Query Data Sources
- Data Import Process and Query Editor Overview
- Data Transforms using the Query Editor
- Editing Queries and Query Steps
- Combining Data Sources as a Mash Up
- Concepts and Components
- Working with the Manage Console
- Connecting Data to PowerPivot
- Creating and Editing Data Relationships
- Calculated Items, Measures and KPIs
- Creating PivotTables
- Dashboards using PowerPivot
Visualising Data with Power Map
- Overview of Power Map
- What is Geo-Data?
- Creating Maps and Applying Options
- Tours and Scenes in Power Map
- Exporting Maps to Other Applications