Why come on this course?
Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing software application capable of producing newsletters, brochures, business cards, postcards, flyers and other printed publications. On this course you will learn how to use 'building blocks' that can be dragged into your documents, helping you to create page elements such as calendars, newsletter sidebars, and borders. You will also learn how to use mail merge features and how to export of publications as HTML web pages or PDF documents.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for people with a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Word who need to learn how to use Microsoft Publisher to create, layout, edit and share publications.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for end users with a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Word who need to learn how to use Microsoft Publisher to create, layout, edit and share publications. This course is suitable for users of Microsoft Publisher 2016 or 2019.
- Use a mouse
- Type and use a keyboard
- Navigate through Windows files and folders
- Work with Windows - minimise, maximise, open and close
What will I learn?
You will learn how to:
- Perform basic tasks in the Microsoft Publisher interface
- Add content to a publication
- Format text and paragraphs in a publication
- Manage text in a publication
- Work with graphics in a publication
- Prepare a publication for printing and sharing
Getting Started with Microsoft Publisher 2016
- Navigate the Interface
- Customise the Publisher Interface
- Create a Publication
Adding Content to a Publication
- Add Text to a Publication
- Add Pages and Picture Placeholders to a Publication
- Control the Display of Content in Text Boxes
- Apply Building Blocks to a Publication
Formatting Text and Paragraphs in a Publication
- Format Text
- Format Paragraphs
- Apply Schemes
Managing Text in a Publication
- Edit Text in a Publication
- Work with Tables
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Working with Graphics in a Publication
- Insert Graphics in a Publication
- Customise the Appearance of Pictures
Preparing a Publication for Sharing and Printing
- Check the Design of a Publication
- Save a Publication in Different Formats
- Print a Publication
- Share a Publication
Appendix A: Automating Communication Using Mail Merge
Appendix B: New Features in Publisher 2016