Why come on this course?
The aim of this course is to provide you with the knowledge needed to design, create and manage custom workflows created using SharePoint Designer 2013.
You will utilise your knowledge of SharePoint management and site structure to build no code workflow systems which enable you to automate set processes according to the needs of your business.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at end users, knowledge workers and managers who have the responsibility to create automated business processes within SharePoint Sites. This course is not aimed at a technical audience but end users will appreciate some technical background information.
Module 1 - Introduction to Workflows
- What are Workflows?
- The Out of the Box (OOTB) Workflows Available in SharePoint
- Working with the Approval OOTB Workflow
- Managing a Workflow
- Limitations of Using Built In Workflows
Module 2 - Principles of using SharePoint Designer
- Opening your site in SharePoint Designer
- The SharePoint Designer 2013 Interface
- Working with Lists and Libraries using Designer
- Adding and Editing List Columns
Module 3 - List Workflows using the SharePoint 2010 Workflow Template
- Why use workflows based on the 2010 Workflow Template?
- The Workflow Interface in SharePoint Designer
- Creating a List Workflow
- Using the Workflow Editor Interface
- Use Variables and Workflow Lookup Data within a Send an Email Action
- Publishing a Workflow
- Running a Workflow
Module 4 - List Workflows using the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Template
- The SharePoint 2013 Workflow Infrastructure
- Creating a Workflow based on the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Template
- The SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow Interface
- Working with Stages in a SharePoint 2013 Workflow
- Using the Transition to Stage feature
- Additional Features
Module 5 - Workflow Tasks and Initiation Forms
- Workflow Task Actions
- The Assign a To-Do Item Task (2010 Template)
- The Collect Data from a User Task (2010 Template)
- Creating Cross List Lookups using Workflow Variables
- The Assign a Form to a Group Task (2010 Template)
- In Sequence and Parallel Tasks
- Tasks Assigned to a SharePoint Group
- The Assign a Task Action (2013 Template)
- Using Custom Initiation Forms
Module 6 - Utilising Data in Workflows
- Using Calculations in Workflows
- Update Data in the Current List
- Look Up Data from Other SharePoint Lists
- Create Items in Other SharePoint Lists
- Update Data in Other SharePoint Lists
- Copy and Delete Data
- Obtain User Profile Data
- The SharePoint Workflow Interop
Module 7 - Creating Workflow Action Commands
- Custom Images for Action Buttons
- Creating Custom Action Commands for a SharePoint Ribbon
- Creating Custom Action Commands for the List Item Menu