Why come on this course?
This hands on course will provide you with the basic skills for using Microsoft SharePoint 2016. You will discover how to access SharePoint from a browser or from Office, how to use SharePoint to collaborate within a team, organise and manage documents, events, tasks and other items. You will also be shown how to create your own site with both public and private areas, and how to search for information in a portal site.
- A basic understanding of Windows XP or later versions.
- Experience using Internet Explorer or equivalent browser.
- A basic knowledge of Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
What will I learn?
You will learn how to:
- Explain how SharePoint can help create a collaborative working environment
- Recognise site structure and the SharePoint building blocks
- Find information and people in a SharePoint site
- Work with SharePoint Apps
- Sort and filter items in a list or library App
- Use a document library for collaborative working
- Share a team calendar and contact list
- Connect people to lists and libraries using Outlook
- Control document editing using Check In / Check Out
- Working with SharePoint
- SharePoint Structure
- The Ribbon
- Document Library App
- Picture Library App
- Working with Documents
- Sorting and Filtering Items
- Working with Views
- Auditing Items
- Understanding Apps
- Creating Apps
- Calendar App
- Task App
- Working with Items
- Using Alerts and RSS Feeds
- Check Out / Check In
- Document Versioning
- Connecting to Microsoft Outlook
- What is Co-Authoring?
- Co-Authoring in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
Connecting To Content
- Finding content and People
- Access SharePoint from Office
- Using Office Web Apps
- Share and Sync Content
Managing My Site
- What Is Social Computing
- My Site
- Microblogging, Hashtags & Mentions
- Newsfeeds, Tags & Notes
- Working with OneDrive for Business