Why come on this course
The course also provides the content author with the tools and knowledge to create Intranet web pages. You will learn how to add dynamic content by manipulating Web Parts and publish pages requiring workflow approval. In addition, the course introduces Enterprise Wiki Sites and shows how to create Knowledge Base pages of information.
This course applies to SharePoint On-Premise (SharePoint 2013 or 2016).
Who is it for?
- A good understanding of Windows 7 or higher.
- Experience using Internet Explorer or equivalent browser.
- An understanding of Web Languages (HTML and CSS) is desirable but not essential.
What will I learn?
- Understand the SharePoint Publishing Model and WCM for and how this differs from Collaborative SharePoint sites.
- Work with the SharePoint publishing interface
- Understand how site permissions affect user roles and how content can be created
- Understand and work with the Apps specific to WCM publishing sites
- Create and edit publishing pages
- Add and format text, work with images and hyperlinks
- Understand and work with content management feature and use the publishing workflow
- Add tables, managed metadata, reusable content and HTML code snippets
- Understand and utilise web parts and their properties
- Work with Enterprise Wiki Sites
- An Introduction to Web Content Management
- SharePoint Fundamentals
- Examples of Collaboration Sites
- The Structured authoring environment
- The SharePoint Environment
- The Ribbon
- Following Sites
- SharePoint Permissions Explained
- Security Trimming
- Permission Inheritance
- Built-In Apps
- Adding content to a Document Library App
- Document Item Menu
- Deleting Items and Documents
- Add SharePoint Apps
- Site web page structure
- Types of web page
- Page Layouts
- Working with Text
- Adding Images
- Working with Image Renditions
- Version Control
- Check In/Out
- Publishing and Approval
- Understanding Workflows
- Using the Publishing Approval Workflow
- Working with Tables
- Adding Reusable Content
- Working with media
- Working with Managed Metadata
- The Site Homepage
- Amending Web Page HTML
- Default Web Parts Available in SharePoint
- Inserting a Web Part
- Web Part Properties
- Useful Web Parts
- Audience Targeting
- Creating an Enterprise Wiki Site
- Examples of an Enterprise Wiki Sites
- Enterprise Wiki Site Contents
- Working with Wiki Site Pages
- Adding Media