Why come on this course?
This introductory course covers some of the basic and more commonly used features of Adobe Illustrator, so that delegates can navigate the software and use Illustrator's tools to create and work with vector graphics.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone using Illustrator Creative Cloud.
- No experience of using Adobe Illustrator is required.
- Basic computer skills e.g. launch applications, navigate computer.
- Create vector artwork using Illustrator
- Format paths using fills and colour
- Understand and use the Pen Tool
- Add type to designs
- Manage artwork using layers
- Output graphics in different file formats
Introducing Adobe Illustrator
- The Illustrator interface
- Zooming and navigating
- Vector and raster graphics
- Creating documents
- Working with artboards
- Understanding Illustrator terminology
- Drawing and modifying simple lines, shapes and paths
- Working with colour
- Applying fills and strokes
The Pen Tool
- Creating simple line paths
- Creating curved paths
- Combining straight and curved paths
- Modifying paths
Working with text
- The Type tools
- Formatting type
- Working with layers
- Managing layers
Outputting from Illustrator
- Outputting from Illustrator
- Adobe Swatch Exchange
- Exporting artwork from Illustrator