Why come on this course?
You will learn how to use some of the basic and more commonly used features of Adobe Photoshop Elements to navigate the software and use the provided tools to work with digital images.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone using Adobe Photoshop Elements.
- No experience of digital imaging or photography is required.
- Basic computer skills are required e.g. launch applications, browse to locate files, and good keyboard and mouse skills.
What will I learn?
- Navigate their way around the Photoshop Elements and image environment
- Understand image size and resolution
- Be able to work in Elements’ Quick, Guided and Expert modes
- Create and modify selections
- Work with layers, layer groups, styles and blending modes
- Use common image retouching tools and filters
- Output images from Photoshop Elements
Getting started with Photoshop Elements
- The Photoshop Elements interface
- Quick, Guided and Expert modes
- Zooming and navigating around an image
- Image size and resolution
- Rotating and straightening images
- The Marquee and Lasso tools
- The Quick Selection tools
- Refining a selection
- Combining images using layers
- Creating and managing layers
- Transforming layers
- Fill and adjustment layers
- Layer masks
- Layer styles
- The Type Tool
- The Spot Healing Brush Tool
- The Smart Brush Tool
- Content-Aware Fill
Outputting from Photoshop Elements
- Sharpening images
- Exporting other file types