Why come on this course?
In this hands-on instructor led course, you will understand and learn how to use the Google Drive app for file storage, sharing and collaborative editing. You can store, access and share your files on any device with Google Drive whether it be PC, tablet or mobile device. As well as learning about the Google drive app as a file storage and sharing tool, you will also look at Google Drive’s online suite of productivity tools to create and edit documents, spreadsheets and presentations. An introduction to the Google draw and form apps will also be covered.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for any individual who needs to use Google Drive to store, share and collaborate on files; as well as being able to edit their files using Google's productivity tools whether it be a document, spreadsheet or a presentation.
This course can be customised to meet your organisation's specific requirements or Google environment, please contact us for further details.
Introduction to G Suite
- What are G Suite Tools?
- What is “The Cloud”?
- Introduction to Google Chrome
- Logging into your G Suite Tools
Getting Started with Google Drive
- What is Google Drive?
- Google Drive Overview
- Uploading a File to Google Drive
- Searching, Viewing and Converting Files
- Introduction to Google Docs
- Navigating and Highlighting a Document
- Other Useful Options in Google Docs
Sharing and Collaboration
- Introduction to Sharing Files and Folders
- Stop Sharing or Restrict Access
- Introduction to Google sheets
- The Google Sheet Application Window
- Navigating and Highlighting a Google Sheet
- Entering Data
- Introduction to Formulae and Functions
- Layout and Print Options
- Introduction to Google Slides
- The Google Slides Application Window
- Working with Slides
- Editing Text
- Inserting Slides
- Presentation Views and Layouts
- Introduction to Google Drawings
- Creating a Drawing
- Adding, Editing and Formatting Shapes
- Adding Text to Shapes
- An Introduction to Google Forms
- Working with Forms