Why come on this course?
This course will help you get up to speed with the Teams app, conversations, chat and meetings. This course is the first of a series of courses concentrating on Microsoft Teams.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for people who are new to Teams.
- Experience of using instant messaging.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Navigate around Microsoft Teams
- Identify the key components of the app
- Work with Status and Status Messages
- Hold a conversation in a channel
- Use mentions and other conversation options
- Hold private chats
- Turn a conversation into a meeting
- Invite others to the meeting
- Create a Teams meeting from Teams and Outlook
Teams structure and terminology
- Teams overview
- App components and purpose
- Navigation around the app
Working with your status
- Status indicators
- Setting status messages
Start a conversation or a chat
- Conversations in a channel
- Private chats – what are they and when to use them
Use conversation options
- Formatting and announcements
- Adding graphics
- Uploading files to a conversation
- Teams notifications
- Channel specific notifications
Meet Now from a conversation
- Turn a conversation into an instant meeting
- Meetings essentials - options and actions
- Inviting people to the meeting
Creating a Teams meeting from scratch
- Scheduling Teams meeting in the Calendar
- Using Microsoft Outlook to schedule meetings