Why come on this course?
This half-day course will introduce you to the fundamental skills required to use Microsoft's new operating system, Windows 10, efficiently and effectively.
From the basics of logging on and off, the course will take you through the new and improved features of Windows 10 including the new Start menu, Taskbar and Notification Area. You will see how to work efficiently with multiple apps running at once, how to switch between them, and how to run multiple apps side-by-side, as well as the brand new Virtual Desktops features of Windows 10.
You will cover the new search tools in Windows 10, including the new automated search Cortana, and be introduced to using the improved File Explorer to manage files and documents.
The course also introduces the new browser, Microsoft Edge. You will cover its most useful features such as tabbed browsing, Reading View, its Hub and Reading List, and the unique 'Web Notes' tool
Who is it for?
This course is intended for new users of Windows 10 users who need to know its key new and improved features.
Before attending this course you should be:
- Use a mouse
- Type and use a keyboard
- Navigate through windows, files and folders
- Work with windows - minimise, maximise, open and close
What will I learn?
You will learn how to:
- Logon to Windows 10
- Use the new Start menu, including customising it to their needs
- Access apps and work with multiple apps at once
- File management with File Explorer
- Surf the internet with Microsoft Edge
- Manage your workspace with Virtual Desktops
Introducing Windows 10
- The new welcome screen
- Logging on, power options, and Windows Hello
- Locking the PC and signing out
New features of Windows 10
- The new Start menu
- Accessing apps and working with Windows Snap
- Pinning applications and Jump Lists to customise the interface
- Searching for applications, files and the internet using Cortana
Working with files and folders
- The improved File Explorer
- Navigating the device using the Address Bar and Breadcrumbs
- Introducing Microsoft
- Surfing the internet and searching from the Edge window
- Viewing pages with the new Reading View
- Adding pages to Favorites
- Working with the Reading List and Hub
- Adding Web Notes to pages
- Using the new Virtual Desktops feature to manage multiple apps
- Creating Virtual Desktops
- Moving apps between desktops