Why come on this course?
This course will give you the skills you need to help others develop. You will be able to plan and carry out effective one-to-one coaching/mentoring plans.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for any manager or supervisor who is required to coach a member of their team. Each delegate will be required to prepare and deliver a coaching session lasting 20 minutes. The recommended maximum is 6 delegates.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand the coaching process
- Identify coaching needs in a variety of different working situations
- Plan and prepare a coaching session
- Adapt your coaching style to various learning styles
- Give constructive feedback
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your coaching
What is Coaching?
- Definition of coaching as a development tool
- Identifying appropriate coaching situations
Planning and delivering a Coaching Session
- Defining the need
- Key stages of coaching
- Practical coaching skills
- Common coaching pitfalls
- Feedback techniques
- Constructive and objective criticism
- Handling objectives and obstacles
- Developing objective observation skills
Measuring the Effectiveness of your Coaching
- Evaluating the impact on performance
- Reviewing development plans