½ - 1 day
Why come on this course?
This course will highlight the benefits of appraisal systems and give you the skills and confidence you need to get the most from the process.
Who is it for?
This course has been designed for anyone who has an appraisal. The maximum number of participants is 12.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Be aware of the benefits of your organisation’s appraisal/performance management process
- Know how to agree effective standards and objectives with their appraiser
- Be able to measure success
- Know how to get the best outcome from appraisal/performance management meetings
- Know how to devise personal development plans
The Appraisal Process
- How the system works
- Your role as an appraisee
- Benefits to the organisation, managers and individuals
Agreeing Standards and Objectives
- What is the difference between standards and objectives?
- How to make them measurable
- How to develop objectives you want to achieve
- Making objectives SMART
Appraisal/Performance Management Meetings
- Preparing for meetings
- Reviewing standards and objectives
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Reaching agreement
Practice Appraisal Meetings
Personal Development Plans
- Identifying development needs
- Devising and reviewing personal development plans
Review and Action Planning
What our delegates say
"Very enjoyable, relaxed and well explained." - Kent & Medway NHS