Why come on this course?
A one day programme to help you make the most of career opportunities. From applications and CV's to successful interviews; this course will give you an opportunity to review your strengths and goals and find the right job for you.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone who is considering a change in career/job or who is facing redundancy. The recommended maximum is 12 delegates.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Have identified what is important to them about work
- Know how to maximise their skills and experience
- Know where to look for suitable job options
- Be able to devise successful CV’s and job application forms
- Be able to demonstrate their strengths in an interview (especially competence-based interviews)
What matters to you?
- What you want from work
- What’s your bottom line?
- Establishing your ideal work/life balance
- Setting both short and long term career goals
What can you do?
- Individual skills audit
- Identifying transferrable skills
- How to fill skills gaps
Where are the jobs?
- Finding job opportunities
- Working with recruitment consultants
- Networking skills
What are recruiters looking for?
- The recruitment process
- Effective CV’s and application forms
- Preparing for interviews/selection tests
- Making a positive impression
- Showing you’re the right person for the job
Personal Action Planning