Why come on this course?
This course will help you make the most effective use of the time you spend chairing meetings. You will learn how to facilitate discussion in a focussed way, stick to the agenda and give everyone a chance to contribute.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for either those who are new to chairing meetings or who want to brush up their skills. The recommended maximum is 12 delegates.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand the role of the Chair at meetings
- Know how to plan and prepare for a meeting
- Be able to structure meetings to make most efficient use of time and resources
- Be able to facilitate discussion and ensure all participants are able to contribute
- Be aware of a variety of styles used when writing minutes and be able to select the most appropriate
- Establishing your purpose
Planning and preparation
- Getting the agenda right
- Including the right people
- Practical paperwork
- Keeping to time
- The role of the Chair
- Facilitation skills
- Group dynamics
- Working with the minute-taker
- Summarising the meeting
- Ensuring action points are followed-up
What our delegates say
“Very good day - beneficial to my workplace and highly recommended!” – Roche Pharmaceuticals