2 days - the duration and content can be tailored to meet specific requirements
Why come on this course?
For participants to increase their knowledge of emotional intelligence to improve interpersonal and intrapersonal skills, adaptability, stress management and general mood. The course will help achieve an understanding of how emotions shape who we are, how we relate to others and how to improve relationships. Participants will leave with tools that shine a light on what emotional intelligence is and how to use it to great effect.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who want to understand more about how emotions impact on people and how we choose the impact of our behaviour. The recommended numbers are 8-12 delegates.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Gain an insight into emotional intelligence, what it is and how you can use it
- Develop an awareness of the BarOn EQ-i model, used to measure emotional intelligence
- Develop self-awareness and self-management of personal emotions
- Explore ways to advance personal emotional intelligence
- Recognise emotions in others, responding to those emotions in order to inspire high performance
- Understand the consequences of behaviour and weigh decisions before action
The latest thinking on emotional intelligence will be shared with the group and there will be regular opportunities for skills practice in both small and larger groups. Skills will be reviewed for continuous improvement. The learning will have four fundamental principles which will be:
- Highly engaging (methods that talk to the head and heart)
- Interactive (mix of experience, discussion and practice)
- Innovative (latest thinking & tools)
- Encourage participation (a Socratic learning methodology applied) so that delegates take ownership of their own development and future behaviour
- What emotional intelligence is and its key components – BarOn EQ-i
- Occupational emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Empathy and relationships for improved communications
- Managing your own emotions to positive outcomes
- Understanding change and others – difference in communication and decision-making
- Self-motivation and SOCS (Situation, Options, Consequence & Solutions) problem-solving
What our delegates say
"Mind blowing. Different way of looking at all I have learnt before."
“Trainer was excellent - reassuring, knowledgeable, empathetic to attendees’ needs, able to ensure everybody in group contributed without feeling self-conscious. Best training I've done here. Thank you.”
“Excellent, valuable for any manager”
“I manage several teams across the county so this should help me understand others more, understand myself more and manage more effectively.”
"I thought it was great. The best course I've attended while working here."
“This course was excellent being run by someone who clearly knew his subject and was willing to adjust to the class. The course was first rate.”
“Really great interactive course, kept energy levels up and interesting examples and analogies”
“Helpful in enabling me to understand areas of my EI which can be improved and also different types of people and how to engage them in their work and ensure they are achieving well.”
"A very good course which would benefit all staff."
"Interesting and enjoyable. Lovely trainer."
- Kent County Council