Why come on this course?
Do you want to make a greater impact and improve your credibility? Do you want to make it easier to achieve your aims and ambitions at work? Do you want to be able to influence people from all levels and backgrounds?
This course will enable you to achieve your aims and objectives, while building rapport based on mutual trust and respect. You will learn skills, techniques and strategies to adapt your influencing style to deal effectively with the range of people you will encounter.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to make a positive influence in the workplace.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Differentiate between influence, persuasion, power and manipulation
- Emulate the behaviours, characteristics and styles of effective influencers
- Apply the different productive sources of power
- Define the relationship between power and influence
- Recognise the different strategies for influencing
- Use a wider range of influencing styles in appropriate circumstances
- Select the appropriate strategies for key contacts in the workplace
- Personal objectives for the course
- Influencing Styles – yours and others'
- What makes an effective and ineffective communicator?
- Influential and non-influential behaviours
- Key behaviours that will help you influence and persuade
- The definitions of power and influencing
- Sources of power
- Using power in influencing
- Influencing strategies
- Manipulation and defensiveness
- The 'pull' technique
- Behavioural styles – making your case
- Observing influencing strategies in practice – video analysis
- Completion of a personal action plan