Why come on this course?
This course will help you if you have ever felt that meetings can be a waste of time or been frustrated that you haven’t been able to have your say. It will look at how to give meetings a purpose and structure them effectively.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for anyone who is required to attend and contribute to meetings as part of their job. The recommended maximum is 12 delegates.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Be aware of the purpose of meetings
- Know how to plan and prepare for a meeting
- Understand the role of the Chair
- Be able to put their point across in meetings
- Be able to structure meetings to make most efficient use of time and resources
- Be able to facilitate discussion and ensure all participants are able to contribute
- Be aware of a variety of styles used when writing minutes and be able to select the most appropriate
- Establishing your purpose
Planning and preparation
- Getting the agenda right
- Including the right people
- Practical paperwork
- Keeping to time
- Preparing yourself
- The role of the Chair
- Facilitation skills
- Group dynamics
- Getting your point across
- Purpose of minutes
- Types of minutes
- Summarising the meeting
- Ensuring action points are followed-up