Why come on this course?
You will want to attend this course if you have identified a need to develop your skills in managing potentially aggressive individuals, groups or situations.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at people working with individuals or groups in environments where the risk of aggressive behaviour has been identified. The recommended maximum is 16 delegates.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Have a better understanding of the nature of aggression
- Have identified what might constitute acceptable and unacceptable behaviour
- Have an understanding of the legal framework
- Understand the importance of risk assessment and risk management
- Have identified and demonstrated aggression diffusing techniques
- Have practiced staying in control
- Have explored the effect that aggression can have personally and identified ways of obtaining and providing support to others both during and after an incident
- Introduction, aims and objectives
- What is aggressive behaviour
- What makes people difficult and/or aggressive
- The legal framework
- Risk assessment and risk management
- Dealing with aggressive behaviour
- Support during and after an incident of aggressive behaviour
- Action planning