Why come on this course?
Do you want to understand your own and other people’s motivations? Are you keen to develop positive, productive working relationships? Do you want to build trust and respect with your colleagues? Are you keen to reduce or avoid conflict in the workplace?
Managing conflict and difficult situations in the workplace is something which we would all like to more successful at doing. This course looks at what motivates you and others, how you and others cope with conflict and how to establish and maintain positive working relationships. You will also gain insights into how others perceive you. What you learn on this course will be equally useful in your work and private life.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for people who wish to be more successful at managing conflict and difficult situations in the workplace
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand why people are motivated to do the things they do
- Learn what motivates you and others
- See how you may be perceived by others with differing motivations
- Identify the key causes of conflict – conflict triggers
- Explore ways to build trust and respect with colleagues
- Develop strategies to deal with conflict
- Use a recommended framework for structured difficult conversations
- Personal objectives for the course
- Understanding behaviour using the SDI tool (Strength Deployment Inventory)
- Stages of conflict
- Strategies for minimising or reducing conflict
- Approaches to conflict
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Tackling difficult situations and conversations
- Completion of a personal action plan