Why come on this course?
Negotiation is key to everyday business and the ability to negotiate effectively in a wide range of business contexts is crucial. For many businesses, the need to get the best deals whilst not damaging other key relationships is a reality, yet one which brings its own challenges.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at individuals stepping up from service focused roles into proactive business engagement roles and are are looking to improve their negotiation skills to enable and facilitate decisions that achieve win-win outcomes.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the various approaches to negotiation
- Structure negotiations for effectiveness and to achieve win-win outcomes
- Identify and develop the interpersonal skills crucial to negotiating proactively
- Identify and utilise a number of effective negotiation tactics
- Establish the skills to understand what all the involved parties want
- Construct flexible negotiation solutions
- Understanding your current negotiation style
- The five-step negotiation structure
- Power bases and how to leverage them
- The language of effective negotiators
- Collaborative negotiation techniques
- Dealing productively with tactics
- Adding value in negotiations
- Strategic questioning