2 days (can also be delivered on a modular basis)
This programme is designed to provide those facing redundancy with practical tools to help them prepare for the next stage of their career. It can be delivered on a two day or modular basis and can be adapted and tailored to suit the needs of the participants.
Who should attend
This course is designed for staff members who are facing redundancy. The recommended maximum is 12 delegates.
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand how to manage the change process redundancy will take you through
- Have carried out a skills audit to identify the kinds of jobs you would be suitable for
- Be aware of the most effective ways to search for jobs
- Have produced an up-to-date CV
- Have a clear understanding of the way organisations select new employees
- Be familiar with competence-based interviewing
- Know how to prepare for interviews
- Be able to make the most of interviews
- Know where to get further help and advice
This programme is delivered in a supportive and practical way. The emphasis is on helping people to manage their redundancy and be as successful as possible in the employment market. The second day consists of one-to-one interviews with feedback on CV’s and technique. The course is entirely confidential.
The change process
- How we deal with change
- The changes redundancy may create for you and where to get help
- What skills do you use now?
- What skills have you used in the past?
- Identifying the kind of job which would best suit you
- What skills would you like to develop?
- What do you want from work?
- How to approach a job search
- Where to find job opportunities
- Dealing with recruitment agencies
- The importance of person specifications
- Using your experience to show your capabilities
- Writing an effective CV
- Completing application forms
- Preparing for interviews
- How to handle competence based interviews
- Dealing with nerves
- How to show you are the best person for the job
Individual Interview Practice and Feedback
Personal Action Planning
Other courses which can be incorporated into a redundancy training package are:
- Individual career planning discussion and feedback
- Presentation Skills
- Microsoft Office (such as Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Word)