Why come on this course?
This course will help increase your confidence when making presentations. You will be introduced to a range of skills and techniques to enable you to get your message across in a professional and structured way.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who give/will give presentations to groups of up to 40 people. Participants will give two short presentations during the course (video will be used for one of these). The recommended maximum is 8 delegates.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Prepare and plan a presentation in an organized, stress-free way
- Make good use of a variety of visual aids, including PowerPoint
- Handle all types of questions during a presentation
- Build rapport and get your audience involved with your presentation
- Deliver an effective 15 minute presentation
What makes a presentation effective?
- Good and bad experiences
Preparation and planning
- Being clear about the purpose of your presentation
- Knowing your audience
- What to put in and what to leave out
- Giving your presentation a structure
- Creating notes that work for you
Using visual aids
- The purpose of visual aids
- Commonly used visual aids
- When and how to use them
Delivering your presentation
- Dealing with nerves
- Making best use of your voice
- Making best use of your personal style
- Building rapport
- Handling questions
- Giving and receiving feedback