Why come on this course?
- Do you want to be able to invent solutions that are both highly creative and effective?
- Do you need to make sure your creative solutions are practical enough to implement?
Today’s competitive business world requires innovative solutions to many of our daily problems. Creative thinking is not a gift, it may be developed, and we all have the capability to invent solutions that are both highly creative and effective. This course is designed to help participants to generate creative solutions to problems, be discriminating in their choice of options for development and select practical solutions for implementation.
Who is it for?
You will benefit from this course if you need to demonstrate creativity and utilise varied techniques to solve problems as part of your job role.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Practice using various tools and techniques to recognise, investigate and analyse problems
- Describe the scope of the problem and its impact on the bigger picture
- Capture relevant data and information and use it in a methodical way to identify possible solutions
- Assess your natural creativity
- Plan the implementation and communication of the decision
- Identify ways to review outcomes and monitor and evaluate ongoing reviews
- Personal objectives for the course
- Problem solving approaches
- Barriers to effective problem-solving and decision-making
- The use of problem solving techniques
- Techniques for identifying and defining the problem
- Techniques to consider possible causes for the problem
- Methods of data collection
- Assessment of your natural creativity
- Interpreting the data collected
- Techniques to generate a list of viable options
- Force field analysis
- Decision making styles
- Techniques for testing and selecting options
- Implementing the selected options
- Reviewing the outcomes and evaluating results
- Completion of a personal action plan