Who is it for?
This course is designed for any-body who needs to read a large amount of written material for business purposes. There will be a large number of reading and comprehension exercises during the course; therefore, all delegates must have a good standard of reading in English. The recommended maximum is 8 delegates.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Identify the barriers to reading rapidly and understand how to overcome these
- Use a variety of rapid reading techniques to improve their reading speed
- Use skimming as a technique to read documents rapidly
- Use “study reading” to improve comprehension
- Demonstrate an increase in reading speed of at least 50%
Identifying Barriers to Rapid Reading and How to Overcome These
- Bad habits in reading
- Visual wandering
Rapid Reading Techniques
- The 4 gears of reading
- Using the 4 stage plan
- Improving comprehension
- Improving your memory
Specialist Reading Techniques
- Skimming and sampling
- Study reading
- Locating important material within text