Why come on this course?
If you find report writing challenging this course will help you take a structured approach to produce clear, concise reports.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for anyone who writes reports at work. The recommended maximum is 12 delegates.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Specify the purpose of their reports
- Use and modify a widely recognised report structure
- Adopt the appropriate tone and style for their audience
- Present complex information in a clear way
- Use plain English
- Organise their material logically
- Edit their reports successfully
Planning and preparation
- Why write reports?
- Stages of report writing
- Knowing your audience
- How to structure reports
- How to sort and present information
- Using plain English
- Getting the tone right
- Individual work reviewing reports and discussing with trainer
- Making numbers interesting – charts and graphs
- Report writing exercise
- Editing skills Review of course
What our delegates say
"Good mix of information giving, discussion, and work. Enjoyable!" – Stevenage Borough Council