Why come on this course?
Be able to recognise the signs of stress in you and others – emotional, physiological, cognitive and behavioural. Understand the relationship between pressure and stress and how maladaptive behaviours can diminish your ability to cope with stress and how adaptive behaviours can build your resilience.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for all staff and managers who would like to improve their response to stress in themselves and/or others. It is particularly relevant to those staff who would like to apply a holistic stress management approach.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand what stress is and how it relates to pressure
- Be able to recognise the signs of stress in you and others
- Be aware of maladaptive behaviours that diminish your stress tolerance
- Develop a practical toolkit of adaptive behaviours to build resilience
- Understand the relationship between stress and how you live your life
- Understanding stress and pressure
- Early warning signs
- How stress affects performance
- Stress at work
- Practical techniques to overcome stress
- Building resilience
- Treating yourself well – physical, emotional and psychologically
- Being assertive
- Ways to return to the equilibrium – relaxation
What our clients say
"Very enjoyable and useful - tailored to our group and given time to explore areas most relevant to us" - Department for Transport